Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Transmogrified Roses

Every Sunday, I do a Facebook live session with my team. I usually make the cards from my classes that week for them, or go over a new product or technique. It's a fun, relaxing hour where all of us who are spread out across the country can hang out and chat. They're a nice group of people - they take turns typing what I'm saying for my hearing impaired team members (sometimes with editorial  comments that are hilarious).

So one Sunday - I wanted to do some no-line watercolor with the new Petal Palette stamp set. The lines on these images are very bold and heavy, and I wanted to soften them with watercolor, so I thought I'd do that for Show Me Sunday for my team. However, I'm a VERY slow painter, and so this was an extra long SMS. They were very patient with me.  Here's how the card turned out. The sentiment is from Gina K - Grand Greetings.

No line watercolor roses by understand blue
Petal Palette Clear-Mount Bundle...
[ SUP ]
Grand Greetings- Clear
[ GNK ]
Daniel Smith Extra Fine Watercolors
[ BLIC ]
Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin' Pad...
[ SUP ]
Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin' Ink...
[ SUP ]
Silver Brush - Black Velvet, Round #2
[ BLIC | AMZUS ]
Fabriano Artistico 140 lb. Cold Press...
[ AMZUS ]
Absorber - Synthetic Cleaning Cloth
[ AMZUS ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ MSW | HA | SBC | SSS ]
Stewart Superior India Ink Pad / Reinker
[ ART ]
Basic Black 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock by...
[ SUP ]
Whisper White Cardstock - Thick
[ SUP ]
Multipurpose Liquid Glue by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
The Ultimate Mixing Palette: a World...
[ BLR ]

You can see how different it is from the stamp image here.


I love changing the feel of a stamp image - it's pretty much my favorite.

I posted just the work in progress in a demonstrator Facebook group and people were dying to see a video, so I attempted the download, which Facebook doesn't really make all that easy, but I finally got it. Please note it is NOT my normal HD format - downloading it from Facebook turns everything into terrible quality - but so many people asked to see how I painted this after I posted a photo of it, I figured the bad quality was better than nothing!



Loveyameanitbye.

8 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Lydia, this is just STUNNING! Absolutely stunning. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This watercoloring is gorgeous! The colors are so beautiful and love your practice of making sure to have a bit of each color in all parts so keep it cohesive. Had to write and tell you how beautiful it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I have to try no line watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty and going to watch the video.Thanks for sharing and your inspiration.love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may be slow coloring but the card is stunning! (the turtle always wins the race)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for this video. I'm definitely intimidated by watercolouring but I'm inspired to try this out.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...